ABOUT THE HEARTCARE™ CHANNEL
In 2014, The Wellness Network (TWN) and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA) expanded their collaborative efforts to provide heart disease and stroke patients with an exciting new cardiovascular disease-focused in-hospital TV channel and on-demand video portal to improve health through education. Click to view the most recent press release. This collaboration offers a unique opportunity for enhanced educational engagement between patients and caregivers at bed-side in the hospital, at a time when they’re most in need of key information, and highly motivated to take action to improve their health.
This resource is designed to provide actionable and trustworthy heart and brain health patient education that encourages discussion among patients, their families and their doctors. Those discussions can improve understanding of the patient’s condition, steps to improve their recovery, and reduced risk of readmission.
Empowering Heart and Stroke Patients
The HeartCare™ Channel delivers around-the-clock educational programming to support heart and stroke patient self-management for optimal health outcomes. From in-hospital room television programming to post-discharge on-demand resources, the HeartCare™ Channel is a robust educational resource aimed at supporting your patient’s engagement in their recovery and long-term health.
The HeartCare™ Channel’s programs assist in achieving patient education goals by enhancing the quality, efficiency and reach of your patient and caregiver education efforts.
- Heart Conditions, Procedures and Medications
- Simple Steps for Healthy Living
- Stroke: The Road to Recovery
- Improving Your Cholesterol
- Patient Safety and Advocacy
- Stop Smoking Today
- Living With Heart Disease
- Stroke Care: Every Minute Counts
- Exercising for a Healthier You
- And More!
Programs deliver engaging education directly to heart and stroke patients and their caregivers.
- Practical, relevant educational programs supportive of your hospital’s patient education goals Extend educational content beyond the hospital with co-branded in-hospital material and heartcarechannelnow.com.
- The HeartCare™ Channel’s programs support patient education efforts tied to the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines initiative and The Joint Commission’s DSSE Certification Standard for patient self-management.
Customizable patient education
- IP-enabled Digital Signage platform connected to hospital’s TV system to make a 24/7 Channel of video programs (6 hour
- Hospital-controlled Text Messages to Patients and Logo at bottom of TV Screen
- Continuously updated video education and engagement programs from The American Heart Association/ The Stroke Association and The Wellness Network .
- On demand access to a branded video library of educational programs via Internet for “bring your own device” participation
- Tablets for on demand access, provided by The HeartCare™ Channel (requires GuestNet wifi)
- Printed promotional materials (program schedules, posters, table tents, etc.) to drive patient awareness and engagement
- Direct links to supplemental supportive materials like Heart360 and My Life Check
- Closed Captioning (on line portal only)